Nuffnang

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pasta Zanmai @ One Utama

Food crawl with my bestie continued with a short (actually almost 7 hours of walking) jaunt to One U for some shopping. I had wanted her to try Pasta Zanmai for a while now, and made sure I took her there this time.


The place was slightly claustrophobic but we managed to get a seat towards the other entrance and was blessed with lovely sunlight.


Bestie ordered ocha but never expected it to come in a pot. 


I ordered my usual Passion Fruit Soda. I like this because of the strong fragrance of passion fruit but it's not sweet. 


The Onsen Tamago was recommended as a 'must try' by a friend. The sauce was good but overall it's pretty much your regular half boiled egg.


Bestie ordered the Hamburg Pasta meal. The hamburg itself was slightly salty but the pasta did cut the saltiness a little bit. However, I did like the slight spiciness of the beef, which I think might have been from pepper.


The meal came with miso shiru and a salad. The salad had bits of scallop wings in them that was so good it drove Bestie into a tizzy.


My dish of Ebi Tempura and pasta in sesame sauce. I make it a point to have this dish each time I visit Pasta Zanmai. Creamy sesame pasta sauce is so quintessentially Japanese for me and to be mixed with pasta, truly fusion at its best. Bestie didn't like this at all. She prefers her sesame in desserts and far, far away from savouries. I guess this is one case of 'one man's meat'.


Need more sesame kick? No worries, they provided a small serving of freshly ground black sesame.


The ravioli left me unimpressed. It tasted very much like Sui Kow and the soup was just regular. Forgettable.


This was a time before I discovered Chocolate Monaka and still raved about Itachoco Monaka. Once again, good dessert but wished the wafers were crispy. Since it's prepacked, I doubt I would ever taste one that has crispy (and not chewy) wafers.


Sesame ice cream with sesame cake on sesame pudding. Of this, I only liked the sesame ice cream which is a sure win each time.

Pasta Zanmai,

G210B, Ground Floor Promenade,
1 Utama Shopping Ctr,
1 Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Bandar Utama Damansara,
47800 Petaling Jaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment