Nuffnang

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ichiban Boshi @ Pavillion

My bestie came down for her annual 'shopaholic migration' trip recently and we went on a food crawl. Of course our food crawl needed to coincide with her 'shopaholic crawl' and we started the trip with Ichiban Boshi at Pavillion.


Kaiten Sushi places in KL these days sure has changed from the former two of Sushi King and Genki Sushi. These once rather affordable places have been replaced with higher end outlets.


Unagi Sushi was the first thing Bestie grabbed from the kaiten. She liked it but I have always been rather leery of eel.


We both loved this. The Chinmi was deliciously marinated.


Lobster Salad or something like that. Perhaps the mayo was  little overwhelming but I liked how it complimented what I hope was lobster meat. It was deep fried, giving it a rather crispy texture.


Kani Maki, my staple. I just like it smothered in Japanese Mayo.


Salmon on top of a rice ball and then deep fried. Bestie liked it so much we ordered it twice. Since I'm not a fan of salmon too much, it was just okay for me.


Salmon sushi. I didn't enjoy this so much because of the strong fishy taste. I wouldn't blame the fish due to my aversion to salmon.


The Chuka Itako Sushi had the marinade slightly on the thick side.


Initially, Bestie had a problem with the Chinmi. She complained that there was something 'off' about it until she ate it with the radish. I guess I had 'commoner' tastebuds where I just whacked everything with relish.


Our Miso Shiru was clear and refreshing with none of the overpowering saltiness at all.


The Spider Maki was just regular maki. It tasted okay and that was about it.


We ordered a croquette at the last minute and this was amazingly delicious. The outside was not over fried but inside was piping hot and smooth and creamy to a fault. The best thing I had all lunch.

Ichiban Boshi
Lot 1.14, Pavilion,
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.

t   +60321416621
f : +60321416641

Monday – Friday : 11:30am – 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday : 11:00am – 10:00pm
Last order 9:30pm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment