Nuffnang

Friday, August 13, 2010

Brussels Beer Cafe @ Jaya One, PJ

I initially wanted to go to Jaya One to try out Bar Madrid, only to find out that it was closed for Sunday lunch. Since I had a friend with me, I did what I usually do: randomly walk into a restaurant and pray for good food.


We walked into the closest restaurant that had people in them, hoping for the best. A rather pathetic reason to try food? Well, you will never know the gems it will uncover.


I tried the Sex On The Beach, since prior experience with this drink haven't proved me wrong. However, this was a pineapple based drink instead of orange, and I don't like pineapple. Oh well.


First one the list of 'beer food' was Sauteed Mushrooms. I have a weakness for them and would inevitably pick something that said 'fresh mushrooms' from the menu. It was juicy with the familiar taste of fresh mushroom. Each bite a pleasure.


Meat balls in gravy. The gravy was rich and flavoured heavily with pepper. We finished the gravy off with bread and spoons.


Another dish in the same gravy. This one had bacon wrapped over the meat. Fragrant bacon over meat. Excellent.


Medium Rare Tenderloin. Still bleeding, juicy and exactly how I love it.


My friend went for lamb chops instead. She has some aversion to bleeding meat I think. 


We were both complaining about being too full, my friend especially so. However, when this lovely piece of chocolatey goodness landed on our table, we soon realised there is always room for dessert, especially those of the chocolate inclination.


The Belgium Waffles was definitely our least favourite of the meal. It was rather floury and there was nothing special. I would give it a miss in the future.

Sometimes gambles do pay off, especially when we make happy mistakes like these.

Brussels Beer Cafe
L-20-G, Block L
Jaya One
No. 72A Jalan Universiti
46200 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan

Tel 03-7954 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment