Nuffnang

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Penang Redux 1

Another long work trip to Penang, and another long trip filled with eating and basically having some fun. We had tonnes more good food this time around as we managed to hooked up with someone I would term as a true blue Penang foodie. If there is good food, he knows where to find it.

Today's entry wasn't one of his recommendations, and while it was good (as all Penang food tend to be) it wouldn't be the best I would have.


On our way back from Kek Lok Si, we stopped by somewhere in Air Itam for some hawker fare. The Char Kuay Kak is just regular, by Penang standards, I mean.


Next up was Kuay Teow Th'ng using Sai Toh fish balls. The fish balls were amazing and sweet.


Or Chien. Big oysters cooked in eggs. The eggs were a little too slimy for my taste but I loved the eggy taste it produced.


Char Kuay Teow. Quite forgettable. 

There's more Penang Food Fest this time around. Stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment