Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Il Lido @ Jalan Yap Kwan Seng

After hearing so much about Il Lido, I knew I had to give it a try to see what exactly the hype is about. This is a little late because I will be blogging about their festive menu, which they served in December 2010. My bad :)


Nice bright shiny menu, waiting for us.


While waiting for the Degustation menu and the Festive menu, we were served some really lovely bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
The amuse boucher. I'm not really sure what this is, but it's lovely and crispy.


Crab Salad with Avocado and Bisque Jelly. It tasted fresh and good.


Seared Wagyu Beef Carpaccio with Truffle. My first try of truffle and I loved it. It has a strong smell but it went well with the rather raw beef.


Hand-dived Scallops with Aged Parmesan Cheese Fondue and Green Asparagus. The scallops were absolutely fresh and delicious.


Pan Fried Goose Liver with Saba Wine Must and Sweet Potato Galette. Did I mention how much I love goose liver?


Homemade Porcini Mushroom Cappelletti with Saffron Foam and Hazelnuts. This is where the meal started to slide downhill. I wasn't too sure about this dish. It tasted fine but to me, it wasn't exactly memorable.


Tagliolini with Lobster ‘Amalfi’ Style. I enjoyed the pieces of lobster but I didn't think the taste of the pasta was all that good.


Roasted Suckling Pig with Plum Sauce. I had high hopes for this with all the good reviews I have read on other food blogs. However, it turned out to be a big mistake. It was very dry and not crispy enough.


Turkey Supreme Stuffed with Goose Liver, Truffle and Orange Sauce. The turkey was very dry and crumbly. It was really hard to chew and swallow it.


Molten Lava Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream. This was very good. Moist and warm, the chocolate was flowing and the ice cream a good company to the warm chocolate.


Chestnuts Tart with Mandarin Liqueur Sauce. Thick and rich and not too sweet. I love the fresh fruits sprinkled on top.


Complimentary petit fours.


And we finish with coffee.

While there were highlights in this meal and dishes that were good, there were also misses that made me rather disappointed. I wouldn't exactly be jumping to return to this place but I am willing to give it another try if the chance came up.

il Lido Italian Dining + Lounge Bar

Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
50450 Kuala Lumpur
03-2161-2291

No comments:

Post a Comment