Nuffnang

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ninja Jones @ Northpoint Midvalley City

Midvalley is my normal haunt during weekends. After all, I live close enough to it to be able to beat the horrible jams on weekends by coming at what some people would consider an ungodly hour. But that also mean I would have covered most of the food outlets there and I was looking for something new. Scouring through food blogs, I found Ninja Jones. Of course, finding the direction to the place is another issue altogether.

But persistence pays off and I entered the slightly dim Japanese restaurant called Ninja Jones.


As usual, I start off with the obligatory picture of tableware. But the fish chopstick rest looks really too cute to not snap a picture of. I finally decided on their Ninja Set because it gave me something of everything. 


It started with the Salmon Carpaccio. I'm not too much of a fan of salmon. There is a slight fishy taste that I can't seem to get over. But with the extra flavouring added to this, I found that I did enjoy it.


Next on the menu is the tofu. It's pretty regular. It's something that can be tasted in other Japanese restaurants.


Teapot soup. This was pretty tasty, especially with the huge dash of lime I put into it. Then again, I'm a sucker for anything sour. But it brought out the taste of the soup quite well.


Ebi tempura. Two prawns (or was it one?) and a variety of veggies. Prawns were fresh enough.


California Maki. It's pretty regular maki. Nothing that completely stands out.


Shuriken No. 1. At first, I wasn't even sure what this was. It looked interestingly gooey. One bite of the creamy texture that had mayonnaise flooding my taste buds, I was gone. There was some sort of crab meat inside but as I am with good food, moan first, find out what's in it later... or not at all. As long as I know what's the name of it, I can order it again.


Stone grilled chicken. It looked dry and unfortunately, it looked how it tasted. I guess I left some on the stone too long. It actually got stuck. I gave up trying to pick the bits off.


Spider Maki. I make a point to order it everywhere I go. I want to find one that might rival the maki I tried in a restaurant once which has now been turned into a glorified watering hole without any food. I will keep trying.


The soft shell crab salad came last, oddly enough. The tart dressing mixed well with the savoury flavour of the crab and the freshness of the salad. 


The last on the list, the sweets. This was supposed to be tiramisu, I think. I am ashamed to say that I have no idea what this was other than a cake. I actually preferred the fruits more than the actual cake.

Ninja Jones 
A-G-5, Ground floor, Northpoint,
Mid Valley City,
No 1, Medan Syed Putra Utara,
59200, Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: 03-2288 1646


No comments:

Post a Comment