Nuffnang

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bak Kut Teh @ Dengkil

Another foray into Dengkil, or the Cyberjaya area looking for Chinese (therefore pork) food. Nothing says pork more than Bak Kut Teh. This coffeeshop was a transplant from one of those under-the-tree deals. Now, it's in a stall just off the highway heading towards the airport from Cyberjaya.


The traditional style of tea cups, with a bag of tea by the side. Haven't seen this type of presentation in a while.


Chilly padi with garlic, that's the way to enjoy a good pot of Bak Kut Teh. However, I'm not a fan of garlic, so I gave it a pass.


Yau Mak fried with garlic. I wouldn't say it's fabulous, it looks rather limp and overcooked but it is necessary to round out a good meal.


Yam and pork. This is a traditional Hakka dish and not always available. While I didn't like meats that have too much fat (and this dish should be cooked with very fatty pork), I loved the taste of the sauce. This would be something to try, even for those that don't fancy overly fatty meats.


Here comes the star of the show. A hot, bubbling claypot of pork cooked in Chinese herbs. Sometimes, the soup can be made too thick and too bitter, but this place makes it just the way I like it. Fabulous.


The soup must always be dipped with Yau Char Kuay. It's a match made in heaven.


This is the classic Klang style Bak Kut Teh, where the sauce is dry and slightly sweet, reminiscent of Kung Pao style. This is my first time eating this and I find myself falling love. 

All in all, this has been a very satisfying lunch, and not one I would forget fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment